Sunday, May 13, 2007

Weekend Review

I have to apologize for the lack of pictures from the weekend, but I've been a bit of a hermit working and I keep on forgetting my camera.

Friday I wore, "I read multiple celebrity gossip blogs everyday." I decided to wear this shirt because my favorite celebrity obsessed friend came back in town, and I've received so many responses about celebrity blogs. I don't tend to read them unless I'm stuck at work with nothing to do, but they really are repulsive and fascinating at the same time. Why do people like hearing snarky comments about celebrities so much? Do I really care that they take out the trash too? I guess it helps us realize that the people we idolize are human, but then I don't think we should treat them with so little respect.

Saturday was, "I stalk my crushes on Facebook." Oh Mark Zuckerberg, you have definitely changed the ways students procrastinate. My friends and I were just talking about the good old days when we had a real freshman facebook. Where you had to go through pages of only a single photo to try and find that guy you saw at a party. Then you'd look him up on PH, those were the days. I guess I like to think of it not as stalking but just being curious.

Now, it's Sunday, Mother's Day. I haven't gotten any responses that remind me of my mother, so I went with one that reminds me of my dad. It says, "I play solitaire on my computer for hours." My father was the one who taught me solitaire when I was younger, and even how to cheat on the computer.