Tuesday, May 1, 2007

First day of the t-shirts


Today's shirt was, "I consistently prefer to watch E! news over any real news shows"

This shirt seemed more embarrassing than I thought it would. I did wear it to class and just wearing it made me feel a little dumber. I don't think I would feel more intelligent if I wore a shirt that said, "I read the entire paper everyday." But, somehow wearing something that is considered "stupid" lowers your self confidence.

In other guilty pleasure news, I saw this episode of Will & Grace the other night and they mentioned guilty pleasures.

SCENE IV: Taco Time Restaurant
(KAREN and GRACE enter. KAREN is carrying a bloody mary.)

GRACE: Taco Time? What are we doing at taco time? And... Wait, did you bring that drink from the restaurant? What is this, Vegas? Look, Karen--

KAREN: Hey, forget it, Red! Don't call me by my real name! Call me by my alias: Anastasia Beaverhausen! I wanna be incognito.

GRACE: Why? Who could possibly know you here?

KAREN: I don't know. [KAREN PEEKS OVER THE TOP OF HER SUNGLASSES AND LOOKS AROUND THE ROOM]

[GRACE SCOFFS]

KAREN: Hmm. The Duchess of York.

GRACE: The what?! Why would the Duch-- Oh, my god! It's Fergie! Do you think that Weight Watchers knows about this? What is going on here?

KAREN: Taco Time is a guilty pleasure for some of the ladies in my circle. Nobody questions it. Nobody talks about it.

GRACE: Ok, but why are we here?

KAREN: Come on, Grace. It's like it says in the Bible: "The best way to make you feel good is to make someone else look bad." And nothing looks worse than a socialite shoveling a couple of Taco Gigantes down her gullet.

GRACE: Are you trying to tell me that--

KAREN: Over there, honey. The slob in the dark glasses.

GRACE: Are you sure that's her?

HELENA: Paxil, if you are not going to finish that, mommy will. All right? Very well, then. It's mine! Oh! Mmm. it's good!

[HELENA SHOVELS IN THE TACO, GETTING IT ALL OVER HER FACE!]

GRACE: When is she gonna come up for air? And she's-- I mean, my God! Oh, Anastasia, this is the best gift you've ever given me!